Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Who has not heard of Call of Duty? It is practically a legend in the world of gaming. Any decent person who calls himself a gamer should at least try this latest in the Call of Duty series. It gets a rating of 9 from Gamespot. The good:
• High-quality story mode packs in a lot of thrilling and unexpected moments
• Well-designed multiplayer progression gives you something to shoot for online
• Terrific audiovisual presentation.
• Campaign mode is much shorter than those of the average shooter.
Now that really sucks – having a great game with a campaign that leaves you begging for more.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Though I have heard nothing but good about this game, I am still undecided about whether to get a copy for myself. I was just talking to a friend this morning and he was raving about the game. Gamespot seems to tone down a bit with a rating of 8. They do detail the following pros:
• The best tracklist of any Guitar Hero game to date
• Lots of master tracks from the original bands and artists
• Online play is a fantastic addition
• Higher difficulty level ensures experienced players won’t get bored quickly.
• Higher difficulty level ensures most people’s arms will fall off halfway through the expert career
• Battle mode and boss battles aren’t interesting additions
• A heavy dose of in-game advertising
• Some frame-rate issues .
I still can’t decide but it seems a lot of people out there are convinced.