I’ve never really been into Gran Turismo, I don’t know why. Many of my friends got hooked to it all the way back when it first came out, though, so I am sure there is something to it. Ha ha, GT fans, don’t hate me. Each to his own, right?
Anyhow, despite my not playing GT all that much, I found this interesting piece of news regarding the new official wheel for Gran Turismo. Manufactured by Logitech, Driving ForceTM GT promises the ultimate experience with Gran Turismo 5. Here are some of its features:
• 24-position realtime adjustment dial: Fine-tune brake bias, TCS, and damper settings on the fly for unprecedented control over your car’s performance.
• 900-degree wheel rotation: Go 2.5 times around lock to lock, just as you would behind the wheel of many real cars.
• Force feedback technology: Feel every inch of the road for maximum control and the ultimate racing experience.
• Gas and brake pedals: Get precise throttle and brake response with true-to-life pedals.
• Sequential stick shift: Go through the gears for the ultimate in control.
• Rubber-overmold rim: Enjoy a comfortable grip during intense races.
• Solid, one-piece wheel construction: Drive with confidence knowing this rigid, sturdy wheel won’t squeak or flex during aggressive maneuvers.
• Custom tuned for popular games: See and feel every bit of wheel movement reflected in-game, without dead zones or lag.
• Ultra-precise optical encoding: Experience reliable and accurate handling race after race after race.
That’s straight from the Logitech site. Even other bloggers have taken note of this toy – people at PS3Vault can’t wait to get their hands on this baby – despite the cost.